Monday, August 10, 2015

HEAVY MONTREAL 2015 : Montreal's finest.....

How I spent my summer vacation.....
Calice! I was at Heavy Tabernacin' Montreal 2015
Poutine, weed, a bunch of Molson and Merci full fates.

First thing, I ran into my Montreal homies Despised Icon, whom I love each one of these guys, I did merch roadie work for Skinless, when we toured with Deicide and Despised Icon on D.I.'s first US full tour. (2005) We're all old achey grandpappy dudes now hahahaha 

  Photo taken by Vince from The Acacia Strain



I can't mention Despised Icon without mentioning their brothers in Montreal's Ion Dissonance. I also went on the road with those guys, I love my neighbors to the north, and getting to know these guys on the road, forever solidified my notion that Canada fucking rules, and I blame those two bands for my love of their hometown of Montreal. I didn't get to run into Sebastian or Xavier, both bass players, hopefully next time.....

Ion Dissonance live at Heavy Montreal 2015 


A local band from Montreal I don't happen to know, but rocked Heavy Montreal Apocalypse Stage was Lofofora, I didn't understand a word, but understood the vibe, it was hardcore punk, Canada style! 



Also on the 3 day bill, from Montreal, was BARF, I didn't dig them as much as Lofo, but they are pretty thrashin nutz! 



Last year, @ Heavy Montreal 2014, I was able to see the kings of Montreal metal, no not  Cryptopsy, VOIVOD! I saw Voivod on the Angel Rat tour, way back, it was kinda terrible, they made good in my eyes, 'cuz last year's set was great. Anyway, there's my Montreal bands' post so far, oh yeah, I went to an after party that featured a band called Sleazy Way Out, and it was brought to my attention that the singer looks like Chris Farley dressed like Bon Jovi or a Chippendale for halloween or something, which then couldn't be unseen...but looks aside, dude nailed Axl Rose's voice pretty dead on. I personally think Axl is doing his best Janis, from the headband to the dance to the voice, but I digress.
So, tons and tons more photos, reviews, interviews in shit to come, 
check back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment