Wednesday, August 12, 2015

More Photos From Heavy Montreal 2015 with Iggy Pop & Faith No More

Iggy Pop is the godfather, and I was grateful to finally catch him live. His set started off strong, with some Stooges songs in the mix with his own hit Lust For Life, things seemed to be moving right along. He sang The Passenger which was the highlight gem of the set, in my opinion. Then, things seemed to drift, with long strange songs that was unfamiliar territory to most of the people at the event. I don't remember an encore or even a good bye......anyway, no hard feelings, I got some really good shots of Iggy, doing his shirtless contortion act, check it out!








 Iggy Pop is a living legend and his voice still sounds just the same, which more than I can say for most of the 80's LA rockers that played Heavy Montreal 2015.
Big props to Iggy from the Full Metal Racket Show. He's been rockin that stage since before most of us were born.







Faith No More headlined Saturday night, right after Iggy, making it old guy night at Heavy Montreal. Faith No More sounded impeccable and their setlist spanned from From Out of Nowhere to this year's album Sol Invictus. 
 I must say, I am a huge fan since way back, and I'm not too fond of the new record. Superhero is the only FNM sounding song on that record. Sunny Side Up for a close second. 
At Heavy Montreal, they played 5 songs off it, and it didn't sound any better. One song I could swear was a B-52's song. They covered "This Guy is in Love With You" which also isn't one of my favorites. It was great, they did their version of "Easy" and it occurred to me that every ear at Heavy Montreal was consumed by the styling of Lionel Ritchie. 
 Their stage setup was immaculate, check out the few shots I got between screaming along to Mike Patton. It's been great, I saw King Diamond and Mike Patton within the last few months, now I just gotta see Judas Priest, and that'll seal my trifecta of favorite vocalists! Here's the 3 photos I took, I was too busy trying to getting cross eyed, and completely rocking out.....



No comments:

Post a Comment